Compos Mentis Chambers presents the first edition of ABEL O. AKPEDEYE ESSAY COMPETITION for Law Students across all Nigerian Universities.
ESSAY TOPIC : GLOBAL EPIDEMIC: CORONAVIRUS, THE LAW AND ECONOMY
The Competition opens on the 4th day of March 2020 and closes on the 11th day of April 2020 at 12 midnight.
Applicants are to register their entry by filling the form below on this web page (Note: Kindly follow us on two social media platforms to be eligible for the competition)
A total cash prize of N1 MILLION to be won. You do not want to miss out!!
Please adhere strictly to the entry rules as default in any of the rules will lead to automatic disqualification.
THE ENTRY RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
1. The competition is open to Law Students of all Universities in Nigeria.
2. Entrants must be currently enrolled to study law in any Nigerian university and must have commenced their course of study. Entrants will be required to upload evidence that they are current students.
3. The maximum word count is 2500 words.
4. Entries must be written in English language.
5. Only one entry per participant is allowed. Once an essay is submitted, entrants will not have the opportunity to revise it. Please carefully check and proof read your essay before submitting the final copy, and also ensure that all supplementary information is filled in correctly (name, contact details, topic number, etc.)
6. Compos Mentis Chambers maintains a strict rule against plagiarism in the competition. Any evidence of plagiarism will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. Final documents should not include the entrants personal details including name, age, school or country. This information should be inputted upon entry.
8. The final copy submitted for the competition must be the entrant’s own work, and cannot be excessively corrected or improved by another person. This does not rule out input or assistance from others but does exclude group entries.
9. Essays can only be uploaded as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx). The online platform does not accept Google Docs (.gdoc), Pages documents (.pages) or other word processor formats. Note: if we are unable to find or open your essay (either through an incorrect format or upload error), your essay will not be entered as part of the competition.
10. All entries must be written on and relevant to the supplied theme.
11. All entries must be submitted between 4th March, 2020 and 11th April, 2020.
12. All entrants retain the copyright for the pieces they submit, but by entering the Essay Competition, each contestant consents to the use of his/her name, and/or essay or parts thereof in any advertisements, educational materials, corpus research or media and publicity carried out or produced by Compos Mentis Chambers.
13. We suggest that entrants retain a copy of their original work as we are unable to return or provide copies of submissions.
14. The total cash prize available for winners is N1 million. However, Compos Mentis Chambers retains the right to change the prize of the competition at any time without notice.
Let’s Get Started – Fill the Entry Form Below