Compos Mentis LP offers a wide range of legal and business support services which are classified broadly into:
- Litigation: Compos Mentis has a thriving litigation department, which has handled a plethora of cases in all spheres of law. Our firm enthusiastically prosecutes and defends litigation matters for our clients in courts and tribunals in all parts of Nigeria. Our firm’s litigation portfolio includes several high profile election petitions, defence of the interests of major commercial banks in Nigeria as well as serving as external solicitors to major Federal Government agencies and Departments. Compos Mentis is particularly versed in debt recovery and dispute resolution for banking & finance institutions in Nigeria.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Services- In the pursuit of modern methods of resolving disputes, Compos Mentis fervently undertakes arbitration and other Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedures, particularly negotiation and mediation, on behalf of our clients in local and international commercial arbitration panels across the globe.
- Intellectual Property- Our skilled team of Intellectual Property lawyers are also ready to provide a wide range of IP services to both corporate and individual clients who are desirous of protecting the products of their intellect or any of their novel inventions within Nigeria and in select jurisdictions outside of Nigeria. Our IP department is equipped to help develop the brand of business owners and protect such brands from unauthorized use. We offer more several more services which include but are not limited to;
- Intellectual Property Audit,
-IP watch services,
-Registrations of Industrial Property and Oppositions against similar or dishonest use of client’s rights.
-Branding and franchising advisory services.
- Property Law- Our skilled team of expert lawyers offer comprehensive real estate services to meet the varying needs of our clients. Ranging from commercial real estate to residential properties, sale, mortgage and lease transactions, we represent private and institutional investors, property owners, developers, and financiers.
- Immigration Matters– Compos Mentis is adept at application for, revalidation of, re-designation, extension and relinquishment of expatriate quotas and other regnant immigration matters for corporate clients.
- Information and Communications Technology- Compos Mentis keeps abreast of the evolving regulatory changes within this industry, positioning itself as a preferred legal adviser for internationally recognized telecommunications companies. We provide telecommunications operators with legal advice tailored to the commercial needs on their operations in Nigeria.
- Company Secretarial Services- Compos Mentis is dedicated to meeting the corporate needs of our clients. With a branch office located in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, we are able to provide proficient and client sensitive corporate and company secretarial services. Our Company secretarial services include;
Preparation for and attending board meeting as well as providing minutes of the meetings,
Ensuring filings at the Corporate Affairs Commission,
Sourcing for appropriate Board members,
Carrying out Board effectiveness reviews,
Developing Corporate Governance strategy among others.
- Oil and Gas– Compos Mentis has particular expertise in this sector. As a Firm with its head office in the oil rich region of Delta State, Compos Mentis Chambers is at the forefront of providing specialist legal services to the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors of the industry. We advise international and indigenous oil companies, project sponsors, service companies, and financial institutions on all issues arising from the exploration and exploitation of oil in Nigeria.
- Banking and Security Services- We offer a comprehensive service, advising clients on regulatory issues within the banking, finance, and capital market sectors. We work hand-in-hand with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Central Bank of Nigeria, the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria and other regulators in the market to deliver the best value for our clients.